Saviours' Day Gift 2013 Drive

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You Must Win Over the Parents First.


This past weekend I was in LA area of California spending time with my queen and her family. When being in courtship from a far can be difficult. Especially when the parents ask about you and you now there physically to build a bond with them. In the Nation of Islam's Courtship Manual, it informs both parties to get to learn as much about the parties family. this is a reflection of what you will be marrying.

That was my focus, but not just because I am marrying their daughter, but because I am always concerned of my family. It is nice learning people views on different subjects and spending time with your mates party. I have learned a lot about them and respect them so dearly. The grand parents were the first to welcome me into the family and gave me great advice. I pray that I utilize it wisely.

My queens mother does not know how FOI gets down. After the meeting I met them at the house and Mrs. Washington was about to lift this big plant in a pot out of the vehicle. So when she saw me lift it in my suit not worrying about getting my clothes dirty amazed her. Plus rolling up my sleeves to help her plant in in the yard really had her looking like: "Brother you are going to get your clothes all dirty and DeAndrea is going to be mad at me." FOI is always ready to get dirty. Well that is how I was raised. That is what dry cleaners are for. Ha ha ha lol. That is what I told her.

I think I learned a lot and won them over to become their new son. They allowed me to rest on the couch before my flight back to Phoenix. Catch how my queen took pictures of me as I was out for the count.I love you Mr and Mrs Washington. I love you too Mr. and Mrs. Mack. Thank you so much for making me fell like family. I pray that Sister DeAndrea and I have a long lasting married like you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment