Saviours' Day Gift 2013 Drive

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sara Inés Calderón Expresses His Views of The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan (READ)




Name: Sara Inés Calderón


Association/title: Student

Have you ever heard of the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan?

Yes, I have heard of Mr. Farrakhan on many occasions, starting from the time I was a young girl involved in the immigrant rights movement in Los Angeles in the 1990s. Mr. Farrakhan was often invoked by organizers and participants and I recall having seen his likeness, as well as reading his words, on many occasions since.

Have you ever heard the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan speak before?

I can't say that I have ever heard Mr. Farrakhan speak, although I have seen him in SoundBits and clips on news programs.

In your personal views, who is the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan and what has he done to benefit your life?

Mr. Farrakhan, in my humble and uninformed opinion, is a community leader not only for NOI but for the African-American community in the United States. In my uninformed opinion, I'm not sure he always does so in the most effective or most politically correct way, but I think that probably in his mind he's trying to help his people. I can respect his intentions, although I do believe that part of being a leader is being mindful that to change society you have to change the way you behave were you not a leader.

The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan is taking on a topic: “Who Are The Real Children of Israel”. What do you think about that topic?

I think the topic of Israel is a complex one that has been discussed in countless tomes and, ultimately, an issue that each person has their own opinion on.

Normally the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan carries his lectures live from Chicago, Illinois but, on June 26, 2010 he will be carrying the lecture from the Atlanta Civic Center in Atlanta, GA. What do you think is the value of carrying his lecture in Atlanta?

Perhaps to reach a new audience? After so many years broadcasting from Chicago people might begin to associate his message with that particular geographic area, getting out to spread the word could be part of a strategy to show that his message is more universal?

Are you interested in viewing this lecture?

If I had time between work and school to watch things for pleasure I might check it out.

There are people who never heard the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan. What would you tell them to get them to finally hear him?

That he's an important cultural figure in the United States and it's worth getting to know him at least on one occasion.


Twitter: twitter.com/sarachicad


VIEW WEBCAST

Click below for further details:





2 comments:

  1. This students answers demonstrate to me how the people of America are being dumbed down to the present/future detriment of America. Minister Farrakhan has been working for decades in private and public to make the commission of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad known and clear and this is how you respond in relationship to your level and desire to be informed properly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace Brother Michael,

    I hear and understand everything you are saying. Just remember that is why it is our responsibility and this shows us how much work we have in front of us. Lets get busy!

    ReplyDelete