Saviours' Day Gift 2013 Drive

Friday, February 19, 2010

My Favorite Saviours Day

Being to almost every Saviours Day in my life time, 2009 was my favorite Saviours Day. I was really at a point where I almost did not make it, but with a little faith Allah blessed me with the opportunity.

Enjoying the nice windy weather of Chicago and staying a few days with my cousins was not it. It was the family environment I felt the first day I showed up for the INation Media Workshop. I am always excited to see thousands of people at one place for the same common cause is very exciting. There were so many workshops that I could not attend all of them, I did run to as many as I could to take pictures and interview. The Hip Hop Detox and TaHa Suite were so awesome. I cannot forget seeing the big smiles on the children faces from taking pictures with Mother Khadijah.


All of that was the ingredients to bake a cake, but having my father and uncle there in attendance brought me to an all time high. So I guess they were the icing on the Cake.

Now you know you cannot have cake without ice cream. I met this beautiful sister at Saviours' Day that made feel so complete conversing with her. Now she is to become my wife.

This is what I call having cake and ice cream. You can only get this type of blessings at Saviours Day.


Thank you for reading and I pray I will see you at Saviours Day 2010.


ADVERTISEMENT

2 comments:

  1. Allahu Akbar! Sounds like last year was a beautiful Saviours' Day for you my bruh, I pray this year is even better!

    Felt something in my heart from you saying that your father and unc attended...my mother will be coming for her first year so I am proud to say that I can relate with you chief
    Insh'Allah see you in the windy city!
    -Brother Adrian

    ReplyDelete