Saviours' Day Gift 2013 Drive

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Life/Death of Yusuf White

Dear big brother

I was at the house just thinking about you

So I grab my pen and pad and wrote this letter

It’s been over twenty years since I’ve seen you

And I just wanted to tell you that I miss you

I made it through life

But always wondered

How it would be in life

To have my big brother

Could I got educated on popping them shells

Maybe even got educated on macking to females

But I am still confused on how life would be with you

Even when I was young and dumb could I ran the streets with you

After you left a few years later mom and dad divorced.

All seems is that they hate each other but it hurts

You can see it in their eyes

Some night’s mom cries and I always wondered why

But now I can see the reason

Mom so teary and her feelings

It was you

So she has higher expectations for me

Just because of you

I think she is afraid of losing me

I try to fulfill you shoes

But it is hard

I feel like you wear 39’s and I’m pushing 2’s

But I try hard

To put a smile on her face

I think she see you on my face

Third Verse and Final Verse

The lifestyle of a 4 year old child

Could never been predicted

That he would leave the earth without a smile

While in the yard kicking it

With life set for him to leave

On October 31st also known as Halloween

One day he would decide to go outside and play

As a careless truck driver would into a thought to be an empty driveway

Running over crushing every piece of his bones

Which now leaves an empty part in the heart and now I’m alone

Watching you lower deeper and deeper in the dirt

Still holds weight on my heart and it still hurts

I love you and will always love you

I miss you and will always miss you

Till the next time we meet each other

I will always live you through my life forever

4 comments:

  1. WOW! That's all I can say right now. I'm full of tears and can barely breathe...Kya...I didn't realize, but I also projected the future hopes of Yusaf on you...forgive me. I love you Lil' Hannibal, big cousin Kya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Brother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. asa,

    my dear son, i see you have been very busi(ness)..May Allah grant you success! I love your new blog/articles...and it is evident you miss yusuf--he was/is such a beautiful child...with the biggest, brighest smile, the warmest hugs and he wanted you to look into his eyes when he spoke to you--not the half hearted listening like most adults do to small children..he was a blessing to us all....but remember, Allah only made 1 yusuf...He does not make mistakes....Son, Allah made YOU because He saw need that this earth, this mission, this Nation needed a Hannibal Muhammad...don´t allow the memory of your bro to compete with the need of why you are here and Allah´s purpose for you in this life....we can love and draw strength from those that are no longer here, but ultimately we are unique in our persons and to become the man that you were meant to be, you must draw from within yourself and seek Allah´s Help and with time all things find its balance. I love the energy that Allah put into you to help spread His message....the sleek logo you chose is impressive ---i saw it on another bró´s website and it really stood out! i saw your twitter invite and i am not sure if i want to be that connected...you young folks txt alllll dayyyy long
    and i ain´t that important, more like boring okay...so i am not ignoring the invites....but anyhow stay blessed and prayerful, love you mucho.....auntie cfm

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope i was not too forthright or insensitve when i responded to your poem concerning yusuf? if so, it was not intended so please forgive me... but i was only trying to let you know your own personal value to me as a nephew and to the nation, as someone that really loves Islam and has an attractive power to influence the youth...i expect great substance from you hannibal and Allah has placed within you a will to help in this mission....don´t let the nay-sayer´s distract you, place doubt within you or try to impede that progress that is a part of your future...the more you live your Islam, the more Allah will bestow His blessings upon you to help you succeed!! may Allah grant you the Light of Understanding His Will and give you Peace...and remember, In All things acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path....luv ya´ auntie...

    ReplyDelete