Saviours' Day Gift 2013 Drive

Friday, March 5, 2010

Saviours' Day 2010 First Timer- MoMo Willy

As many are use the routine of booking hotels packages and bargaining the travel fairs. It still does not beat the impact of being in Chicago Illinois for Saviours Day. If it was your first our fortieth Saviours Day, the excitement is always there. Even for some, Saviours Day is the first people see and here The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan for the first time.

Sister Monique X from Miami, FL Mosque #29 states that"I first heard of the NOI from my brother years ago, and I remember the uproar about The Minister on the Arsenio Hall show as a child. I didn't start studying the teachings until 2008, though."

What brought her to Saviours’ Day 2010 was "I registered in the Nation December 26, 2009, at #29 and this was my first Saviours' Day. I know I had to be there, especially because it was the 80th anniversary and possibly the last time to see/hear The Minister speaking for the event. "

So I asked Sister Monique
what were your views of Saviours’ Day and she responded with:

"This was the most wonderful experience! It was great to be around so many believers, everywhere you turn were people giving the greetings, smiling, offering assistance, just truly embodying the spirit of our Saviours! The vending was absolutely amazing. To be in a place where we can financially support each other with products that matter to us was more than refreshing. The Ministry of Arts and Culture put on a great hip hop and spoken word show with fantastic artists like Jasiri X, Queen Yonasda, and Kam. I was so happy to be in a place where the atmosphere is happy, positive, drug-free, and safe. It was definitely a warm and wonderful experience!"

What did you enjoy the most about Saviours’ Day?

This was my first time hearing the Minister speak live and I had very close seats so I was overwhelmed by his presence. Receiving the powerful messages, seeing the passion, being in the arena with so many believers were the most awe-inspiring moments of the weekend.

Do you plan on returning for Saviours Day 2011?

"If it be the will of Allah, I will definitely be at Saviours' Day 2011! And this time I'll have much more spending money! (lol)"

What would you want all of your friends and family to know about Saviours Day?

"The spirit of Saviours' Day cannot be matched elsewhere. The believers showed me that we are a family, this is our Nation, and we should all want for our sisters and brothers what we want for ourselves. It is a joyous celebration of the birth of Master Fard Muhammad, being thankful for the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad and the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan, and what they have given us. Yaaaay!!"


Check out Sister Monique at:

www.livestream.com/momowilly





No comments:

Post a Comment