Saviours' Day Gift 2013 Drive

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Brother 2 Brother



Let’s open our eyes to the reality of death that is constantly taking place around us. There is moral death, spiritual death, death of communities, death of marriages and families. What is the basis of this death? Is there just one thing or are there many? I can speak of my experiences of one aspect of death and that is drug addiction.
As a brother I want to talk to my brothers. I have promoted the death lifestyle surrounded by addiction. I killed many aspects in my own life and wasn't very far from my own physical death. As a black man, a husband, a father and Muslim I need to get to the heart and gut of me to help you. Ask yourself (would you knowingly kill one of Allah (God) prophets or messengers?) WOW!! That’s a heavy question right? Could I be guilty of manslaughter or even MURDER? (That inner voice does the work of a messenger of God).
Every time I didn't come home after getting my paycheck, and that inner voice said you got a family to support, was I guilty of man slaughter or even murder? Every time I stayed out one, two and three days at a time and that voice said goes home, was I guilty of manslaughter or even murder? When I sold our vehicle for $200 and left my wife and children without transportation, and that voice said didn't do that, was I guilty of manslaughter or even murder? Many times I ignored the inner voice, (The god within), I fell victim to the works of Satan of self. As many have.
Addiction to a substance such as crack-cocaine it is very cunning, powerful and elusive. This is to my brother who is still killing himself and (the god within, that prophet that messenger). You have got to stop killing that voice. I understand the pain, the grief, the resentments, the fear, and the disappointments. Feeling like you are worth nothing and will always amount to noting. Selling all you have, being degraded, smelling fowl, no I got to be real, straight up funky as hell from not bathing, because that's going to take away from your get high time. Hungry, yet you smoked up money you could have eaten with. I was scared and embarrassed to go home now knowing you have to face your wife and children. They won’t answer your phone. Oops!! I don't have a phone anymore, I sold that to.
No addiction is of Allah (God), unless the doing of His will is the addiction. Surah 22 verse 5 states being made complete yet in complete. When we were blessed to come forth from our mother’s womb, we were at that time made complete; the 9 month cycle brought forth a child with all physical limbs intact. However the incomplete was internal. From birth our bodies cry out for internal comfort and gratification. As we grow and begin to mature we of times mistake what that is and we take part in and become fascinated with what makes us feel good inside,(Women, sex, food, money and drugs and alcohol), and most time we become addicted. The true gratification our bodies were seeking is God and his eternal, internal comfort. God and God alone were with us in the womb and we remain incomplete until we find him. I was brought back from the dead, that is because Allah, he is the truth and he gives life to the dead and he is the possessor of power over all things (Surah 22:6).
By Gods mercy I am on a pilgrimage, a pilgrimage of redemption. I love me today tremendously, as well as my wife and children, my community, my people, my nation, Islam. However first and foremost I love Allah God, who came in the person of Master Fard Muhammad, and his divine messenger the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. Only by Allah Gods mercy has he allowed me to be able to lift my marriage and family from the death I took them to. So from brother to brother and my sisters as well we can all overcome addiction to the death that Satan disguises as pleasure and comfort, seek refuge in Allah.
Written and inspired by: Brother David 12x

2 comments:

  1. Reply by Dedra Muhammad 1 day ago
    WS:
    Thank you for sharing with the brothers (and sisters). What a beautiful testimony and letter of hope. Addictions, as you alluded to can come in all forms. There's none who is exempt from being prone to addiction except those who surrender their will to that of Allah's Will.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply by Bro. Reuben Muhammad on April 30, 2009 at 6:53pm
    In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful...the Best Knower.

    Thank you, Bro. David, for sharing this with us. I thank Allah for You, and for His Manifesting His Grace through You!

    May Allah Bless you and enrich you, and heal you...and continue to fashion you into an instrument redemption for the many who are in need of someone who understands.

    Your Brother,

    Reuben Muhammad

    ReplyDelete